Trip price: US$135
Duration: 2 days 1 night
The Paloma Cruise is a brand new Chinese wooden junk crewed by a professional, loyal and dedicated team. Spread over 4 decks she has 16 en-suite fully equipped luxury cabins, a bar with soft seating and plasma TV, gourmet restaurant, outside dining area, sundeck and luxury spa.
Come onboard The Paloma Cruise. Be charmed by her exquisite luxury, intimate setting and unrivalled home from home service. An unforgettable way to witness the serene, calm setting of Halong Bay’s exceptional natural beauty.
The Paloma Cruise is your home while you are in Halong Bay. Good service is key. Our crew consists of 20 dynamic, passionate and enthusiastic individuals who are committed to making your stay with us special and unforgettable.
Halong bay cruise trip itinerary with Paloma cruise:
The Halong bay northeast area is known as Bai Tu Long Bay and is the focus of our special itinerary. Hundreds of islets rising from the clear waters, long sandy beaches beckon, grottoes and lagoons entice the visitor – an area relatively underdeveloped and unpolluted by the tourist trade
Day 1: Ha Noi – Ha Long (180km) (L/D)
Our guide will meet you at your hotel. Mini bus or private car pick up.
Enjoy the peaceful scenery as we travel through the countryside, farmlands and Red River delta. You will have a chance to take photos.
(The distance from Hanoi to Halong bay is approximately 3 ½ hours)
12 noon approx
Arrive Halong Bay pier. Welcome aboard The Paloma. Meet the captain and crew and join us for a welcome cocktail as we tell you about life onboard.
Check into your cabin. Time to refresh and unwind.
Set sail as lunch is prepared by our chef.
Join us for a relaxing lunch in the restaurant or on the outdoor dining area. Enjoy the stunning views of the Bay, its dramatic limestone islands as we sail through the calm waters.
While we make our way to Bai Tu Long Bay, relax on the sundeck and watch the world go by or take an afternoon nap in your cabin.
Early afternoon we arrive at Cong Do Island with its many lagoons home to numerous species of sea-life, such as shrimp, crab, fish, squid and aquatic plants while south-west of the island has a preserved, almost undamaged coral reef.
We drop anchor.
Opportunity to go swimming in the clear warm waters or go kayaking. Kayaking is suitable for all levels and ages. Our expert will run through the safety procedures and after a basic paddling lesson our experienced guide will lead you to explore the Bay, its lagoons and beaches.
For those who prefer a relaxing afternoon, make the most of sunbathing on deck or pamper yourself with a massage and sauna in our luxurious spa.
Back on board, enjoy the sunset with evening cocktails and fresh fruit.
Take an opportunity to refresh and then join friends for a pre-dinner drink in the bar.
A BBQ dinner is served in the restaurant or outdoor dining area, which is a gastronomic delight.After dinner, unwind in the bar where there is a selection of books, magazines and board games or relax in the spa; watch a movie on our plasma TV; join some of our team to go cuttle fishing at night or take a late night swim under the stars.
Accommodation and overnight on junk.
Day 2: Ha Long – Return to Ha Noi (B/L)
- For the early risers join us for a Tai Chi session on the sun deck. Tai chi helps focus the mind and condition the body and there is no better environment to practice this than amongst the limestone peaks and islands.
- Take an opportunity to view the sunrise over the Bay or have an early morning swim.
- Breakfast, coffee and tea and served.
- After breakfast we sail through the waters and pass by a number of caves including Trong (Drum) cave, Trinh Nu (Virgin) cave, Coc Ngoi (Toad) cave and we drop anchor at Surprise (Sung Sot) Cave.
- Disembark and visit Surprise Cave located on Bo Hon Island. It is one of the widest grottoes in Ha Long Bay with thousands of stalactites and stalagmites
10:00: Back on board. Take time to refresh and relax before checking out. Bags can be left in the luggage store.
An early lunch is served.
- Return to the shore and disembark from The Paloma as our crew say farewell.
- Transfer to minibus or private car and return to Hanoi.
- Arrival back at your hotel approximately 16:30/17:00
- For the early risers join us for a Tai Chi session on the sun deck. Tai chi helps focus the mind and condition the body and there is no better environment to practice this than amongst the limestone peaks and islands.Take an opportunity to view the sunrise over the Bay or have an early morning swim.Breakfast, coffee and tea and served.After breakfast we sail through the waters and pass by a number of caves including Trong (Drum) cave, Trinh Nu (Virgin) cave, Coc Ngoi (Toad) cave and we drop anchor at Surprise (Sung Sot) Cave.Disembark and visit Surprise Cave located on Bo Hon Island. It is one of the widest grottoes in Ha Long Bay with thousands of stalactites and stalagmites.
Full equipped luxury en-suite cabin with A/C, hot water
All meals onboard
Complimentary mineral water
Complimentary morning tea and coffee
Cookery demonstrations (on request)
Entrance and sightseeing fees
English speaking guide
Mini bus per person round trip (see costs above)
Private car (upon request)
Beauty Spa and massage
Tips and other personal expenses
All other services not clearly mentioned above